Castleglenn Consultants was retained by Alberta Transportation to assist with a public involvement program used to unite public support regarding the recommended improvements to the Highway 2 Gaetz Avenue interchange and Gasoline Alley corridor.
CastleGlenn consultants undertook the following tasks:
- Review of the functional plans proposed by AECOM for the section of Highway 2 between the Gaetz Avenue interchange and the McKenzie Drive interchange;
- Arrangement of presentations to both the City of Red Deer Council and the Red Deer County Council informing each Council of the evaluated options;
- Documentation of all Council presentations and/or resolutions;
- Arrangement of focus group meetings involving property owners and stakeholders within the Gasoline Alley corridor to present results and obtain feedback;
- Evaluation of options proposed by local business owners;
- Documentation of all meetings involving stakeholders; and
- Arrangement of final presentations to the City of Red Deer Council and Red Deer County Council with the goal of achieving a favorable Council resolution.
Transportation planning, traffic engineering, collision analysis, safety review, options evaluation analysis, public involvement/consultation, council and committee presentations.
Role & Responsibility
Alberta Transportation Central Region