CastleGlenn Consultants Inc. was retained by Colliers International to evaluate the adequacy of the existing parking supply serving 145 Spruce Street and 160-thru-168 Elm Street. The City of Ottawa had maintained that to bring the existing building use in conformance with current zoning by-laws, the existing supply of parking was deficient and that an application to the Committe of Adjustment would be required. CastleGlenn was engaged to prepare a defense on the basis that the usage of the building was pre-existing and that the current parking supply is adequate and exceeds the requirements of the site.
The project consisted of:
- A review of existing on-site parking (supply and occupancy).
- A review of existing floor plans to determine gross floor area by usage.
- Liaison with the developers’ architect regarding the site layout and parking provisions submitted to the City.
- Completion of two site visits to:
- evaluate the occupancy of on-site parking.
- determine the inventory of on-street parking stalls on adjacent streets and their utilization.
- Preparation of a letter report responding to the City’s request for a minor variance.
- Contact with the City to discuss findings, conclusions and recommendations.
Parking analysis, assessment, evaluation and report including justification
Role & Responsibility